Town chippy commended in national competition
A FISH and chip shop in Weston has received a big thumbs up from a supermarket magazine’s competition to find the nation’s best chippy.
The Atlantic Fish Bar in Meadow Street has been highly commended by the Morrisons magazine, where it excelled in categories including the quality of fish and chips, and wait time.
Taste testers for the competition also praised staff for being happy to cater meals to the requirements of customers.
Magazine editorial director Dawn Alford said: “We were inundated with letters from fish and chips lovers across the nation but The Atlantic Fish Bar really stood out for us. We were impressed by their passion for sustainability, their friendly customer service and top quality food.”
Co-owner Rob Fields, aged 35, who has run the shop with his mum Anne since 2001, said: “I’m always surprised to win an award but we do work really hard. The staff are overwhelmed to be recognised in such a way. It’s a great honour. I hope we can continue to provide the same quality fish and chips to our customers for years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
The magazine named Croft Street Fisheries in West Yorkshire as the overall competition winner.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?