Town heaving with last-minute shoppers
- Credit: Archant
STORES in Weston town centre are enjoying a bumper Christmas Eve’s trade as last-minute shoppers rush to complete their festive shopping.
The High Street and Sovereign Shopping Centre are packed today (Wednesday) as shoppers flock to grab some last-minute stocking-fillers.
A number of Mercury readers have told us via social media that they plan to do all their shopping today – with one even telling us they managed to buy everything on their list in just 33 minutes.
We think that’s a record – can you beat it?
In the meantime, the seasonal trade will be a huge boost to town centre business owners, many of which have had a tough time this year.
You may also want to watch:
However, town centre manager Steve Townsend this week shared his view that Weston could be set for a positive 2015, telling us he believes the town is ‘on the up’ – in contrast to many UK predictions of further retail closures in the new year.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 10 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election