Town’s best to be crowned at business awards night
- Credit: Archant
Innovation, customer service and environmental awareness are just some of the categories in which Weston’s business successes will be celebrated in an annual awards scheme.
Weston Chamber of Commerce has this week relaunched its annual Weston Business Awards, which crowns champions in 10 key areas of business practice.
Awards highlight outstanding contributions to the town, including those who actively promote Weston ‘as the place to live and work, as well as the ideal holiday destination’ and non-profit organisations who make a difference to the community too.
Independent retailers, business newcomers and the area’s top businesswoman will also receive awards.
Sue Shillabeer, the chamber’s acting vice-president, told the Mercury the awards offer a deserved opportunity to spotlight some of the companies and individuals who make important contributions to the town.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We’re delighted to be shining a light on local businesses whose success and contribution is vital to the economic prosperity of our town.
“I’d like to thank our sponsors who have made the awards possible for a fourth year.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Nominations for the awards – which are now in their fourth year – opened this week, and will remain open until the end of November.
That means people who would like to see their favourites recognised have three weeks in which to submit their nominations.
A judging panel will then whittle down the nominees to a shortlist in each category, and those who make the shortlist will be invited to the gala awards night at the Royal Hotel on February 3.
Winners last year covered a wide range of Weston businesses, and included High Street department store Walker & Ling, Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, Loves Café, Somerset Wood Recycling and Weston super Food Festival.
Prior years have seen the Grand Pier, Weston Golf Club, Weston Hospicecare, McDonald’s and Broadway Lodge feature among the awards recipients.
Award nominations can be submitted by logging on to www.westonchamber.org.uk/awards before midnight on November 30.