Trainees fast-tracked to success
- Credit: submitted
A NEW training academy is set to fast-track people into careers in care after the launch of its new training centre just outside of Weston.
The Home Care Provider has launched a new academy in Hewish which will provide intensive training in safeguarding, medication, dementia care and more.
Its manager Hatty Hembrow said: “The Home Care Provider has many staff undertaking care qualifications, and by investing in our staff at the beginning of their careers we hope to both increase our staff retention and identify our future supervisors and managers.”
The group has care homes in Weston, Churchill and provides care to people in their homes across the whole of North Somerset.
The first stage of the training programme is due to end later this month before the group begin their next qualification.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an open day for people interested in a career in care tomorrow (Thursday) from 10am at its office in Little Manor Barns, West Hewish.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 10 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston