TV celebs recruited to village business
DEALING with celebrities is not what you would envisage a business tucked away in a tiny North Somerset village to do on a day-to-day basis.
But a company based in Brockley does just that – speaking to the likes of Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Dame Kelly Holmes and James Caan of Dragon’s Den fame.
Despite its somewhat hidden location The Gordon Poole Agency Ltd, a celebrity talent and speaker agency, has no difficulty in attracting a range of ‘eclectic’ people to its list of high-ranking individuals which speak at business conferences and other company events.
Other motivational and business speakers on the business’ books are Adrian Webster, General Sir Mike Jackson and Karren Brady known as Lord Alan Sugar’s right-hand woman in The Apprentice.
As well as company functions, the agency also arranges speakers and entertainers for the private event market.
You may also want to watch:
James Poole, who heads up the speaker department, said a ‘significant increase’ has been recorded in bookings of business speakers to China, Russia, Europe and the USA.
Managing Director Gordon Poole said he believed the company’s unique selling point is that it is a family business with more than 40 years’ experience, with customers always dealing with himself or James.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend