Two fashion shops and a coffee house move in
TWO women’s clothing stores will fill the retail gap left by the relocation of a national menswear shop in Weston town centre.
CC, formerly known as Country Casuals, and Viyella will open in the two-storey former Burton store in High Street on August 20.
Four days later, the Austin Reed-owned stores will be followed by the opening of a Costa Coffee in a separate unit within the former menswear shop.
This week, a spokesman for Austin Reed said work was to begin shortly on creating the two clothing stores.
Nationwide, there are 36 joint CC and Viyella stores, including one opened recently in Eastbourne in East Sussex.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “This is a perfect position in Weston for a new store and we are excited about the upcoming opening.
“The reason we chose to open here was because our store in Eastbourne was an instant success and we believe the town has a similar demographic to Weston.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
“We hope the one in Weston will be a success too.”
Both shop brands pride themselves on women’s clothing, accessories and luxury homeware.
In March, Costa Coffee announced it was to open another branch in the town, also within the former Burton store.
However, an early target to open in May has been put back to August 24 because of ongoing discussions with North Somerset Council officers.
The branch would be the coffee giant’s third in the Weston area following one in the Sovereign Shopping Centre and another in Bransby Way Retail Park in Locking Castle.
Another branch is planned to go alongside a Frankie and Bennys restaurant at Flowerdown Retail Park, but has been put on hold while a planning appeal result is awaited by developers.
A spokesman for Costa Coffee said work was also set to start this week on opening its new branch.