Venue unveils £100k expansion plans
- Credit: Archant
A WEDDING venue in Congresbury is to undergo a £100,000 facelift.
The Great Room at DoubleTree by Hilton Cadbury House will be renovated to increase its size and to make it look more attractive.
The move comes just a fortnight after a five-figure revamp of its Marco Pierre restaurant was announced.
The Great Room, which opened in 2007, holds wedding receptions and business conferences on a regular basis.
Hotel manager Colin Badcock said the decision was partly due to signs of an economic recovery.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “During the downturn people organising wedding parties or business meetings were understandably keeping a very tight rein on costs and were booking smaller and more intimate venues.
“Now the recovery is well underway many of our customers are looking for bigger spaces to cater for more guests.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?