Village loses final bank
- Credit: Archant
Lloyds Bank has closed down, leaving a North Somerset village with no banks.
The High Street branch shut for the final time on Tuesday.
Signs outside the bank have already been torn down and the future of the building is uncertain.
Lloyds has decided to close a number of banks around the country, including its branch in Winscombe.
However, its exit from Yatton leaves villagers facing a trip to Clevedon or Nailsea to do any face-to-face banking.
You may also want to watch:
That follows NatWest’s decision to close its branch in 2015 – that building in Pages Court is being transformed into a veterinary practice.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses