Wedding winners to be unveiled at fair
- Credit: Archant
THE winners of a Mercury competition to win a dream Webbington wedding worth thousands of pounds will be picked at the venue’s wedding fair tomorrow (Sunday).
Throughout June, the paper printed a series of tokens for budding brides and grooms to collect in the hope of unlocking the chance to win our exclusive prize.
We teamed up with the team which runs the Webbington Hotel and Spa in Loxton to offer the prize, worth thousands of pounds, to celebrate the venue’s refit, which is taking place this summer.
The makeover will include the main terrace area, its Tiark restaurant and all its function suites.
Each will soon boast new floors, new furniture and a general facelift to give it a smart new modern look and cement the venue’s status as one of Somerset’s favourite wedding and conference destinations.
You may also want to watch:
Competition entrants – plus other happy couples on the lookout for a wedding venue, flowers, cakes, dresses and the like – can take a look at the Webbington’s new look at its wedding fair tomorrow.
The fair will run from 11am until 4pm, and will feature exhibits from a huge variety of local wedding specialists.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
There will also be a catwalk fashion show offering the very latest styles in bridal wear, plus plenty of styles for grooms, too.
Free goodie bags will be on offer for the first 100 would-be brides.
However, a key highlight will be the moment, following the lunchtime fashion show at around 1pm, when the winner of the wedding competition will be revealed.
The Mercury has received a high number of entries, and Webbington organisers say the winners must be present for the draw to claim their prize.
The couple whose names are pulled from the hat will be able to choose from two extensive packages, covering day and evening celebrations for up to 50 guests.
This includes room hire for a civil ceremony, a complimentary bridal suite, and a dedicated master of ceremonies, as well as a three-course lunch and an evening finger buffet.