Well-known hotel shut after bankruptcy
A WELL-known Weston hotel has shut after its leaseholders went into bankruptcy.
The Balmoral Hotel in Walliscote Road has stood empty for several weeks and will soon be marketed in an attempt to find a new owner.
The hotel closed after the leaseholder filed for bankruptcy earlier this year.
Asset management firm Alder King has now been placed in joint control of finding a new tenant to run the hotel alongside owners Eagleston.
The hotel, which has entrances on both Walliscote and Clevedon Road, has a restaurant which can seat up to 50 people, a bar licensed for 150 guests, two pool tables and a skittle alley.
You may also want to watch:
It has also has 21 rooms, including a private flat for the tenant.
Alder King’s Nigel Gibbons said the hotel was currently being surveyed and assessed before it would be placed back on the market.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 7 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston