Well-known store denies it is moving out of town
ONE of Weston’s most popular stores has quashed speculation that it is leaving the town centre.
Wilkinsons, in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, was rumoured to be leaving its current spot but the firm has hit back strongly, insisting it plans to honour its lease, which runs until 2025.
The store’s head of retail, Robin Lassiter, said: “Wilkinsons invested heavily in its Weston store last year.
“The premises underwent a complete revamp as part of a national initiative to support trade in local towns.
“The makeover saw the introduction of extended product ranges, clearer pricing and displays, providing a brighter, more modern shopping environment for local customers.
You may also want to watch:
“The store is enjoying trading in the town and has no plans to vacate the site in the foreseeable future.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation