Wellness centre opens at former school site
A FORMER Somerset school building has reopened in an innovative new incarnation as a self-help centre.
The Clocktower Wellness Centre has been launched at the site of the former Rossholme School in East Brent.
The one-time private girls’ school is now home to a wide range of therapies and classes, all aimed at improving people’s mental and physical wellbeing.
Classes will include yoga, tai chi and zumba, and a host of therapists will be offering advice on things like nutrition, massage and shamanistic healing.
The team behind the venture is Judy Webb, the former Rossholme headteacher, Ann-See Yeoh, a world-renowned fitness expert, and Kim Hambley, an experienced businessman.
You may also want to watch:
Kim, who recently suffered heart failure and underwent open heart surgery, is focusing on improving his health, so has first-hand experience of Clocktower’s benefits. He said: “Since my surgery, I have been focusing on changing my lifestyle and have been looking into the benefits of the types of therapy offered at the wellness centre.
“Having seen the difference this change in lifestyle has made to my health, I’m delighted to be working with Ann-See and Judy to develop the wellness centre and to be able to share these benefits with people across the area.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
Clocktower is holding a special launch event on the weekend of January 20-22. This will include a launch party on the Friday evening, an open day on the Saturday and workshops on the Sunday.
Judy said: “We will be opening our doors to the public at our official launch and look forward to welcoming them to the Clocktower Wellness Centre.
“We hope they will come along and see what we have on offer – we believe there is something for everyone.”