Weston business showcase ‘a success’
WESTON’S suitability as a host town for new business was showcased to more than 200 firms during a one-off event this week.
The Winter Gardens played host as a number of high-profile firms – including major developers behind the Dolphin Square revamp and Leisuredome project – were among the exhibitors.
And parties as diverse as businesses, financial institutions and commercial organisations were on hand to learn all that Weston has to offer, and new projects taking place.
The event included bus tours of business sites and new developments.
Feedback from exhibitors and visitors was positive, according to organisers.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Trickey of Summerfield Developments (SW) Ltd said: “It was an excellent and well worthwhile event that brought together the business community of Weston and the wider region.”
And Oli Ballard of the Ascot Group added: “This was an excellent event. There are so many exciting developments and plans happening around Weston and North Somerset and the debate, exhibitions and coach trip around the Junction 21 Enterprise Area provided the perfect platform to find out more about these developments and the positive impact they will have.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
Cllr Elfan Ap Rees, the council’s deputy leader and executive member for economic development, said it had been encouraging to see the number of delegates at the event and all the business displays showing the opportunities available.
He said: “It’s really positive to hear all the comments coming back about this event we’ve staged.
“It has really helped us get the message out that there’s never been a better time to locate or expand your business in Weston.
“We’ve got great communication links and a skilled workforce. We’ve recently announced multi-million pound improvements to the road network around junction 21 of the M5 and there is development land available with planning permission.”