Weston High Street shop shuts down
- Credit: Archant
Another business has closed in Weston High Street, as a difficult period for the town centre continues.
Carphone Warehouse is the latest shop to shut its doors for good as the town's retailers continue to endure testing times.
It follows April's closure of Weston's Marks & Spencer store, and several other shops have been lost in recent years.
Carphone Warehouse, which closed for the final time last week, has two other stores in Weston at the Flowerdown and Gallagher retail parks - and bosses insist no staff have lost their jobs.
A company spokesman said: "As part of our usual store review process, we decided to close our Carphone Warehouse store located in the High Street when its lease came to an end on May 15.
You may also want to watch:
"All colleagues affected by this decision will be redeployed locally and fully supported throughout this process."
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to