Weston companies to help in Olympics
- Credit: Archant
TWO Weston companies have been selected to help with hospitality at the Brazil 2016 Olympic Games.
Regency Event Solutions and Thirst Solutions have been asked to assist in looking after seven million spectators in Rio de Janeiro.
The firms worked together at the London 2012 Olympics to provide a team of 200 human vending machines, wearing food and drink backpacks at the Olympic Village.
Because of their success, they have been asked to deliver a repeat performance and keep crowds cool in the heat.
Regency Event Solutions managing director, Alex Demetriou, said: “We were proud to work alongside Thirst Solutions at London 2012, as this was the first time in Olympic history that mobile vending had been used.
You may also want to watch:
“Working internationally is a first for the group and we are immensely proud to be associated with the Olympics again.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced