Weston Harvester to open on Monday
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
FIVE weeks of renovation work is almost complete and Harvester is set to open its first pub in Weston-super-Mare.
The Bucket and Spade pub, off West Wick roundabout in Locking Castle, has been closed for five weeks while Mitchells & Butlers – the company behind Harvester – has been making a range of improvements.
Now Weston Gateway Harvester is set to open to the public at the beginning of next week.
The restaurant will be able to cater for more than 200 people at a time, serving up a range of tasty treats.
The pub’s general manager Emma Bacon said: “Bringing a new Harvester to Weston is really exciting for the whole team and everyone is gearing up towards the opening.”
You may also want to watch:
Mitchells & Butlers purchased the pub in 2014, when it acquired 173 pubs around the country which were previously run by Orchid.
A recruitment drive has also taken place in the past five weeks and the takeover has created 35 new jobs in Weston.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
Harvester is famous for its family dining experience and the renovated restaurant in Weston will offer an extensive new menu, with speciality dishes as well as firm favourites including rotisserie chicken and slow-cooked ribs.
Ms Bacon said: “At Harvester we want to create a destination restaurant for feel-good dining and we’re thrilled to be providing Weston with a new restaurant and great tasting food that Harvester is renowned for.”
Harvester has been targeting Weston for some time, having initially signed up to the Dolphin Square development, though it later withdrew from the delayed scheme.
Weston Gateway Harvester will open on Monday and its managers are expecting a busy opening day.