Weston manufacturing company relocates to ‘prime’ location
- Credit: Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
A Weston-super-Mare manufacturing business which was established more than 30 years ago has moved to a new home in the Weston Business Quarter.
Safelab Systems is the first manufacturing company to move into an area which is already home to The Hive and the North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College (NSETC), currently under construction.
The building was officially opened by Weston’s MP John Penrose on Friday.
The firm supplies and tests laboratory fume cupboards for schools, further education sites and industrial firms across the country.
It was previously based on the Weston Industrial Estate and began trading in 1984.
You may also want to watch:
Company secretary Paula Guess said: “Safelab is the first manufacturing company to occupy a plot on this prime site, which is opposite the new NSETC college and next to The Hive.
“This is the first time the business has invested in its own property and shows the confidence the management team has in the future opportunities which a larger, first-rate working environment will offer.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election