Weston on show
- Credit: North Somerset Council
A SHOWCASE event designed to highlight Weston’s business and investment opportunities will return next month, following its successful launch last year.
The Weston Showcase is aimed at companies looking to expand or relocate, and is designed to promote investment opportunities for firms with an interest in commercial developments.
More than 220 businesses, commercial organisations and business support groups attended the event in 2012.
This year’s main exhibition will take place at the Winter Gardens on May 14, from 10am-2pm, and will showcase a number of sites, developments and opportunities.
These will include the Junction 21 Enterprise Area, which will also have training programmes on offer, the Dolphin Square development and a ‘business insider’ debate.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the chance to take a 45-minute guided coach tour around the Enterprise Area and key employment sites to find out more about progress and the opportunities in the town.
North Somerset Council’s deputy leader, Elfan Ap Rees, who is also the executive member for economic development, said: “This showcase is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to find out about the benefits of coming to Weston.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
“With business growth in other parts of the country stalling, Weston is an exception with developments actually taking place on the ground.
“An example of this is the 40,000sq ft Knightstone Housing regional office, the second largest office development to start on site outside of London last year, which is due to be occupied in September.
“We also have 72 hectares of employment land ready to go, benefiting from planning permission, great communication links, the multi-million pound road improvements around the M5 junction 21 under way and a highly skilled local workforce.
“There’s never been a better time to locate or expand your business in Weston.”
The businesses which will be attending include Persimmon/Express Park, McLaren Life, Bristol Airport, North Somerset Enterprise Agency, Pure Office and Weston College.
For more information email email@example.com or call 01934 426907.