PICTURES: Inside Weston’s new Starbucks drive thru
- Credit: Archant
A popular coffee chain has opened its first store in Weston.
Starbucks opened its drive thru at the Budgens Airport Roundabout garage, in Locking Moor Road, on Friday.
The store has employed 15 members of staff and will be open daily from 6am-8pm.
Starbucks chose Weston RNLI as its charity of the year and will hold fundraising events and stock collection boxes throughout the year.
Weston's mayor Mark Canniford opened the shop while members of the volunteer lifeboat crew and fundraisers also attended a ribbon cutting ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
The drive thru is Weston's only Starbucks with a coffee shop at Sedgemoor North service station on the M5.
A Starbucks spokesman said: "We are delighted to open our first and only coffee shop in Weston.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 7 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 8 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 9 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
"We hope to open more stores in the Somerset area in the future."