Weston’s new treasure trove
- Credit: Archant
A TREASURE trove of gifts and special treats awaits customers in a brand new gift shop to Weston – Scatterbox.
The store, which holds pieces for mum, dad and children, is run by Mark Croud and his partner Val Denyer.
Mark, aged 46, said he has spent 20 years abroad but decided he wanted to be closer to his parents in Weston and made the move back home.
He said: “My partner and I have chosen everything ourselves.
“We aim to be different to everyone else and are sourcing items from British designers and British products as much as we can, and want to offer locally-made items.
You may also want to watch:
“We are always on the look out for good quality sellable things.”
Scatterbox, in West Street, is already selling jewellery from Weston designer Sara Reading and hair bobbles by Hippy Chick Craft, which creates handmade hair accessories.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
Mark added: “I wanted to be close to my parents who live in Weston and found this opportunity in the town, and it is a lovely area.
“We have a couple of good neighbours and businesses here so we thought let’s give this a try.
“We have a lot of items in store such as mugs, jewellery, cuddly toys, vases and money boxes – a whole array of things that will hopefully appeal to people.”