Weston’s Top Model winner revealed
- Credit: Archant
A PROJECT which captured the imagination of young women across Weston has come to a close and unveiled a winner.
The Weston’s Top Model champion has been crowned and will now become the face of several of the town’s businesses for the next year.
Antonia Newton beat off competition from five other finalists and claimed more than 7,500 votes to secure top spot at the live finale at the Winter Gardens in front of a capacity crowd.
The 21-year-old is a hairdresser and lives in the town with her daughter Ilithyia. She said: “I found the experience a lot of fun. I’m so glad I was a part of it. I met some wonderful people and have made some friends for life.”
The non-profit event was designed to promote small businesses, either to take part in the show as guest judges or provide photo shoot locations or props. This year more than 60 Weston businesses got involved in some part of the scheme.
Organisers from XOXO, Weston Hair Studio and Rosie’s Mobile Hair and Beauty Spa were overwhelmed as more than 300 women applied.
You may also want to watch:
Event organisers are already looking to start arranging next year’s competition to make it bigger and better. If you are a local business and want to get involved with the 2015 event, contact the Top Model team on email@example.com
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 4 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance