Weston shop workers raise cash for carers
- Credit: Archant
STAFF from the Co-operative in Weston donned their cycle helmets to raise cash for carers this week.
Colleagues and friends from stores in Weston, Axbridge, Winscombe and Clevedon took part in a 1,000-mile cycle ride from Lands End to John O’Groats.
They are raising money for Carers Trust, the Co-operative’s charity of 2013.
They have already raised £17,000 and have a target of £30,000 by Saturday.
Joe Chapman, who organised the trip, said: “We are proud to be cycling the 980 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats this year in aid of Carers Trust. This is a fantastic charity which supports unpaid carers throughout the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin Hollow, manager of the Winscombe store, teamed up with Axbridge operations manager John Webster and team friend John Childs, of Clevedon.
Sara Williams, fundraiser for Carers Trust, said: “I’m full of admiration for everyone taking part on such a long haul. We’re really grateful to everyone who is cycling or supporting the team.”
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 8 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
The group began the challenge on Thursday.
Store manager Mike Mullet, who organised the trip, said: “The support Carers Trust provides is outstanding and it should be applauded for the services they provide.
“This is a once in a life time opportunity for our team, and one I am sure we will all be proud of.”
Carers Trust reaches out to thousands of 14-25 year-olds in our communities, who do unpaid practical and emotional caring responsibilities for a family member or friend.