Sportswear brand scoops Business of the Year Award
- Credit: Archant
Somerset’s only sportswear brand has been handed the Business of the Year Award.
Karuta Sportswear, based in Weston, received the award on February 7 at the Weston Business Awards 2020.
The family-owned business works with a range of companies to create high-quality sportswear manufactured and designed in the UK.
The business, which was founded in 2016, has worked with organisations such as the Hornets RFC, Portishead Town FC, Weston RFC and others.
The business award is given to companies that have been running for fewer than five years.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director, Martin Longden said: "We're honoured to be nominated.
"There was some strong competition.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
"I'd just like to thank everyone who has dealt with us and remained loyal with us and encouraged people and clubs to see what we can do for them."