Award for Weston-super-Mare stylist
- Credit: Archant
A Weston hair stylist has picked up a national award.
Steven Smart, owner of Smart:Est 73 in Boulevard, was named Wales and South West hairdresser of the year at HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards on November 26 at Grosvenor House in London.
He was required to submit eight images of original hair work which were judged and awarded for overall technical skill, creative vision and wearable looks which pushed the boundaries of hair art.
The judging took place over two sessions and included a panel of industry peers, members of the British beauty press and past awards winners.
Steven said: “I’d like to thank everyone who has supported me for the past year and I cannot wait to celebrate with my team and salon.
You may also want to watch:
“Being named as a winner at such a prestigious awards ceremony is a tremendous feeling and I’d like to thank HJ and Schwarzkopf Professional for putting on an amazing evening.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 8 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced