Weston-super-Mare Dance Centre launches new yoga classes for children
- Credit: Archant
A dance school will launch a new class aimed at children this month.
Tina Counsell, the principal at Weston-super-Mare Dance Centre, in Baker Street, is opening new yoga classes to young boys and girls.
The classes will be aimed at youngsters who are five years old and above in the hope of improving their flexibility, balance and co-ordination.
Tina said children could ‘benefit greatly’ from taking classes.
She added: “Yoga is not competitive and the classes will help children to remain physically active and healthy.
You may also want to watch:
“Children sometimes find it hard to focus on anything for a length of time and yoga practice can help with that, teaching them to be able to concentrate their focus.
“Research has proved this focus does help children to improve their school studies.”
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
Tina, who has been a qualified yoga instructor since 2009, will lead the classes.