£11.8million food innovation hub to open in 2020
- Credit: Sub
A funding agreement for a food and drink innovation centre in Weston-super-Mare has been confirmed.
The West of England Local Enterprise Partnership will provide £11.8million towards The Food WorksSW, which will be built in the junction 21 enterprise area, close to the motorway.
North Somerset Council is also making the final preparations so building work can start in October, ahead of the opening in January 2020.
Councillor Elfan Ap Rees, executive member responsible for economic development, said: “Due to the specialist nature of the technical facilities, the centre will benefit from a commercial operator with experience and a track record of operating business centres.
“Under the agreement, the operator will manage all aspects of The Food WorksSW on our behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Council believes it will get the operator costs back through charges and rents.
The centre will be used by businesses to test and develop products.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation