Lidl plans to extend delivery hours at two stores
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket bosses have applied for two Weston-super-Mare stores to have their delivery hours extended.
Lidl wants to change the planning conditions at two of its stores and has applied to North Somerset Council for permission.
The first proposal is to change conditions at the Winterstoke Road store, which opened in 2016.
The company wants permission for goods to be delivered from 6am-10pm every day, extending it from 7am-8pm.
Lidl bosses say they want the changes to go ahead to allow more flexibility on delivery times.
You may also want to watch:
Changes could also be made to the times items are dropped off at the Summer Lane store in Worle on a Sunday.
At the moment, deliveries can only be made from 9am to noon.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
But, if it is granted permission to change timings, deliveries could take place from 8am-8pm.
To comment on the plan, visit the council’s planning portal and search for 18/P/3233/FUL and 18/P3232/FUL.