Weston-super-Mare man wins photography competition
- Credit: Archant
A keen photographer from Weston-super-Mare has won a competition which means his image is now hitting the shelves as the cover shot for a top photography magazine.
Chris Sweet, aged 38, often spends time snapping scenes in Weston, but at the end of last year he thought he would try to use his talent to win himself a new camera and so entered a competition with Digital Photo Magazine and Canon cameras.
The prize was a brand new camera as well as the chance to shoot on location with professional photographers in a bid to claim the prize of February’s cover shot.
Chris told the Mercury: “I was lucky enough to be shortlisted and attended a day out on location at Durdle Door, in Dorset, along with staff from Digital Photo and two other photographers.”
Chris waited until close to sunset to photograph two paddle-boarders heading away from the shore to capture his winning shot.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I won the competition and the prize of a camera and my image on the front cover – which happens to be the last-ever printed issue as they have ended the magazine.”
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses