Closure date of Weston’s Mothercare store revealed
- Credit: Google Maps
A mother and baby product retailer will be closing its doors for good next month.
Mothercare and Early Learning Centre, on the Winterstoke Trading Estate, will close on March 3 after the company announced it would shut 60 of its stores.
The struggling business made the announcement in July last year with chief executive Mark Newton-Jones saying the chain had suffered from a lack of investment.
Mothercare was based in the Sovereign Shopping Centre until 2011 when it relocated to the Phillips Road site.
The town centre unit was later replaced by The 99p Store and then Poundland – it is now empty.
You may also want to watch:
The business is the latest shop to close in Weston, following Rebel Clothing and Game.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced