Weston-super-Mare quilting shop opens in centre of town
- Credit: Archant
A fancy dress store has been transformed into a quilting shop in Weston-super-Mare town centre.
Quilting In The Meadows opened on October 15 in Meadow Street and sells ‘everything you could need’.
Debbie Gibson, aged 53, turned the upstairs floor of her already-thriving business, Just For Fun, into the new shop after spotting a gap in the market.
She hopes to expand across the whole shop in the future.
She said: “Quilting In The Meadows offers anything you could need in the quilting world.
You may also want to watch:
“We wanted to create a friendly atmosphere and be approachable to our customers.
“If we haven’t got anything then we will get it in.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Debbie led a number of workshops on opening day.