Weston-super-Mare’s Barbers Of The Duke off to a flying start
- Credit: Archant
The owner of Weston’s H’allstar Barbers, in Alexandra Parade, has enjoyed a positive start to his second venture in the town with his new salon enjoying a good opening fortnight.
Barbers Of The Duke, which is next to the Duke Of Oxford pub in Oxford Street, has now been open for two weeks and owner James Hall, aged 25, told the Mercury he is pleased with the response so far.
He said: “People ask me why I am opening a second shop in the same town but with the new development on its way (Dolphin Square) it can only be good for local business.
“We are open Tuesday to Saturday from 9am-5pm and at the moment it is just me working here.
“I have some great staff at H’allstars so if I need any extra help I will not have a problem.”
You may also want to watch:
H’allstars has been open for three years now and despite being only 25 years old Mr Hall already has plans for his next big venture.
He added: “I think I want to go into education next.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 10 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
“I want to help people get back on their feet after they have had a rough time and perhaps get them some training.
“If they can get a job in a barbers and learn a new skill then it can only be a good thing.”
Mr Hall also said while he is not in partnership with The Duke Of Oxford, they are hoping to work together in the future, to provide refreshments for customers.