Weston beauty business scoops national prize
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare business has received national recognition for its apprenticeship programme.
Beauty Oasis Spa, in Locking Road, claimed the small employer of the year prize at the National Apprenticeship Awards at London’s Grosvenor House.
The spa created its apprenticeship pathway eight years ago and has since partnered with Weston College, which has provided the majority of its workforce.
Owner Sarah Hallaran believes apprenticeships have helped her business ‘grow and thrive’.
She said: “We are so pleased to have been recognised by winning this award. Apprenticeships are an integral part of our business and the reason we are so successful in our industry.
You may also want to watch:
“We work really hard to encourage and mentor our young people as they become cherished long-term employees, managers and trainers themselves in our positive environment.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery