Weston-super-Mare small businesses championed by BID
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare Business Improvement District held a promotional event in the town centre this week to support small and independent businesses in the town.
The BID marked Small Business Saturday with a pop-up event at Big Lamp Corner, where members of the partnership championed the town’s diverse and high-quality independent businesses.
Shoppers were encourage to think and shop local when buying goods or services.
Town centre manager Steve Townsend said it was good to showcase businesses people may not be aware of.
He said: “It was a good opportunity to encourage people to stray off the High Street to see the small businesses we have in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We encouraged people to look at small service providers in Weston too, ranging from independent accountants to carpet cleaners.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced