There With You: Taxi drivers to pick up shopping for isolated
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare taxi firm is offering to pick up people’s shopping if they are unable to go out to buy supplies.
Drivers from Apple Central Taxis, which is based in The Centre, can collect people’s shopping from supermarkets after they have ordered them through the click and collect service.
A spokesman said: “The current situation we face has hit us hard at Apple Central with over a 50 per cent drop in taxis and school transport reduced considerably other than key workers.
“We are adapting to the situation by offering services which help other services to continue and this includes collecting shopping from local supermarkets if its ordered via their click and collect service.”
Strict new measures brought in by the Government mean people can only leave their home to exercise once a day, travel to and from work where ‘absolutely necessary’, shop for essential items and to fulfil any medical or care needs.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers will unload the shopping and stand back while it is collected by the customer.
To book a taxi, call 01934 666666.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision