There With You: Taxi drivers to pick up shopping for isolated
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare taxi firm is offering to pick up people’s shopping if they are unable to go out to buy supplies.
Drivers from Apple Central Taxis, which is based in The Centre, can collect people’s shopping from supermarkets after they have ordered them through the click and collect service.
A spokesman said: “The current situation we face has hit us hard at Apple Central with over a 50 per cent drop in taxis and school transport reduced considerably other than key workers.
“We are adapting to the situation by offering services which help other services to continue and this includes collecting shopping from local supermarkets if its ordered via their click and collect service.”
Strict new measures brought in by the Government mean people can only leave their home to exercise once a day, travel to and from work where ‘absolutely necessary’, shop for essential items and to fulfil any medical or care needs.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers will unload the shopping and stand back while it is collected by the customer.
To book a taxi, call 01934 666666.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre