Weston Top Model finalists revealed
- Credit: Archant
THE finalists for this year’s Weston Top Model competition have been revealed.
Weston Top Model was created in 2013 to promote the products and venues on offer from independent businesses in Weston and the surrounding area.
This year more than 110 businesses are on board, offering their services in return for having their business showcased in the competition.
Women from the town put themselves forward and just a handful have since made the final shortlist.
This year the competition is split into two teams – Team Adam and Team Rosie, named after the mentors, Adam Thomas, artistic director of Weston Hair and Rosie Mason, director of Lady R Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Each team has five models and last week they were given a makeover, with styles tailored to each contestant by the mentors.
The girls had their first photoshoot last weekend, shot at Strike Back Gym, and on Friday the first elimination round took place.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
The public will vote alongside a panel of judges for the best photo from each week. The next theme will be Somerset fashion, followed by a shoot on a speedboat.
Aaron Al-Jeryan, who owns XOXO vintage fashion shop in Meadow Street and organises the contest, said: “We have a great group of local ladies excited to get the show going.”
The competition will culminate in a grand final on July 18 as part of Weston Fashion Weekend, which will be held at the Winter Gardens.
For more information on the competition, view the model’s profiles or to vote for your favourite, visit www.westontopmodel.co.uk