Weston wine bar set to become ale house
- Credit: Archant
A wine bar has shut and will be replaced by an ale house.
Bonds Wine Bar, in Walliscote Road, closed last month and Pitchfork Ales has announced it will open its first pub in Weston.
CAMRA ALE TRAIL: Best real ale pubs in Weston.
The Hewish-based brewery confirmed The Fork 'n' Ale Taproom & Kitchen will offer beers from Pitchfork and 3D Beer and a modern menu serving a variety of burgers, filthy fries and small plate beer bites.
The watering hole will be the town centre's third ale house after The Black Cat began pulling pints in High Street in November, followed by The Cat and Badger Ale House, in Boulevard, which opened in April.
PICTURES: Take a look inside The Cat and Badger.
Bonds opened in 2012 and had a £10,000 makeover to 'brighten it up' in December.
A Pitchfork spokesman said: "Partnering with experienced venue operator, Andy Bidmead, we'll be opening around at the end of October.
You may also want to watch:
"We're really excited to be opening a venue in our hometown."
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced