New wedding dress studio opens
- Credit: Archant
The fervour around the royal wedding may just be beginning to fade, but for future brides waiting to be in the spotlight, a new shop offering top-quality gowns has opened.
Olivia Hooper Bridal Studio has opened this month in Wedmore and its expert staff are on hand to help women find their perfect wedding dress.
Sarah Eaton and Naomi Dunham, pictured right, have 25 years’ experience in the bridal industry and decided to launch their own venture in Somerset.
They believe that knowledge will stand them in great stead for the years ahead.
Sarah said: “It’s all about offering a totally personal service right from initial consultation through to final fitting.
You may also want to watch:
“Finding the right dress is such an intimate experience and our product knowledge, relationship with designers and fitting experience will make brides feel very special from the very beginning.”
British designer Clare Waight Keller designed the dress worn by the Duchess of Sussex on Saturday, and Olivia Hooper Bridal Studio is also keeping a patriotic flavour with its stock.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
Designs by the likes of Alan Hannah, Suzanne Neville and Mia Mia are available for brides-to-be to try.
Sarah said: “Our focus is to only use UK-based designers, as we believe these are the best in the world.
“Alan Hannah is currently British Bridalwear Designer of the Year and continues to lead and influence modern designer wedding dresses, while Suzanne Neville is one of Europe’s leading designers of bridal and evening wear and is right at the forefront of British design.”
The studio is open on Tuesday,s Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and women must make an appointment in advance.
Naomi said the pair hope to make future brides’ ‘dreams come true’.
She added: “All the gowns and dresses from our studio are made using hand crafted techniques which are at the forefront of modern dressmaking.
“We chose Wedmore not only because I’m originally from the village but because it’s a beautiful place to come where brides along with their friends and family can visit to find their perfect dress.”