White Lace and Promises gets a partner store
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON business is celebrating this week after unveiling a new party products store married to its existing wedding shop.
My Lobster in Milton Road has thrown open its doors after owner Jacqui Baker decided to split her bridal store, White Lace And Promises, into two.
The new shop offers a range of party pieces for baby showers, christenings and young children’s parties.
Its unusual name is inspired by an episode of Friends in which the term ‘lobster’ became a byword for someone’s soulmate.
The expansion has allowed Jacqui’s original business to focus on bridal needs. Jacqui also makes donations to the Wedding Wishing Well Foundation, a charity set up to help terminally ill people get the big day they want.
You may also want to watch:
Jacqui said: “We do get two or three people a year in that situation sadly and it is good to be able to give it our support.
“The launch went very well. Due to the recession we were getting to the point where we may have to let people go but now we have been able to keep everyone on and even increase some hours.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
“Hopefully the business will now grow and we will be able to put it in a stand-alone shop.”