Will North Somerset firm’s expansion create ‘numerous’ jobs?
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset business has applied for permission to create a major extension to its premises.
Stowell Concrete, in Yatton, wants to build a new production warehouse and office building, alongside a new plant and a stock area, at its base in Arnolds Way.
The firm claims the additions will enable it to increase the amount of concrete it produces each year, while the office will be used for product development and will give staff the opportunity to meet with prospective clients.
Stowell, which has applied to North Somerset Council to make the changes, said in its application: “The proposals will enable Stowell Concrete to expand the business in a sustainable location, adjacent to the existing concrete works, and provide numerous additional jobs.
“The proposed development has been sustainably designed and is in keeping with the character of the surrounding area.”
You may also want to watch:
To view the proposal, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/planning, where people will be able to comment until December 20.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset