Winscombe butcher sells award-winning sausages
- Credit: Archant
A butcher has been recognised for his delicious sausages to mark National Sausage Week.
Listers Butchers, in Winscombe, has been awarded a gold for its pork and black pudding sausages and a bronze for its traditional pork sausages from the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB).
The board invited butchers to enter their best sausages for the national celebration, which is taking place this week.
Clive Lister, aged 58, opened the butchers, in Woodborough Road, in 1999.
Mr Lister has been a butcher since he was 14 years old after swapping jobs with his school friend, who cleaned windows at a butcher’s shop.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lister told the Mercury: “My friends put my name down and I was told to send off some samples to Shropshire. Two weeks later I received two certificates in the post for my sausages.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?