Winscombe Co-operative gifts thousands to good causes
- Credit: Archant
A village shop has given back to the community this week.
The Co-operative branch in Winscombe has been raising money for three good causes in the village over the past few months – and met with representatives to award the much-needed cash.
The scheme launched six months ago, and has raised nearly £3,000.
Winscombe Community Association was awarded with £1,042 – and committee members were in attendance at the Woodborough Road shop to display plans for a new village hall.
Winscombe Primary School Parent Teacher Association was awarded with £984 to fund school projects.
You may also want to watch:
Banwell-based Avon Owls was also handed a cash donation of £946.
The charity said thank you by delivering an in-store owl demonstration for customers.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable