Work begins on �6.2m office development
WORK got under way this week on a �6.2million office development in Worle which will house around 300 workers.
Knightstone Housing Association broke ground on its flagship building during a special ceremony at the Weston Gateway Business Park on Tuesday.
Once complete, in April 2013, the 40,000sq ft building will become home to hundreds of Knightstone staff currently spread around six other offices.
This mirrors its current drive to swap housing stock with other housing associations to reduce the area it covers – making Worle the hub of its activities.
Chief executive Nick Horne said the move to a modern, sustainable building would result in big money savings which would be reinvested in new affordable homes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The ground breaking ceremony marks the start of building work on site and the next stage in the implementation of our strategic review to refocus our operational area, reshape our services and refresh our ways of working.
“Our priority is giving our residents and customers a great service and this new office will give our staff a working environment in which they can do exactly that.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
“The Weston Gateway Business Park provides us with an excellent location and good transport links in a rapidly growing area of investment.”
John Filer, director of site developer Dowlas UK, said: “As developer of the new Weston Gateway Business Park, Dowlas is pleased to see the commencement of construction of this prestigious building for Knightstone Housing Association.
“The building will be in a prominent position and will be a landmark building for people passing in and out of Weston.
“We are sure that when the building is finished and occupied both Knightstone and Dowlas will be very proud of this project.”
And Jane Vivian, senior economic development officer at North Somerset Council, added: “It is fantastic news that Knightstone has chosen to remain in North Somerset and invest in a new 40,000sq ft headquarter site.
“This is one of the largest office deals in the South West and also represents significant development progress within the Junction 21 Enterprise Area at Weston.”