Work on historic villas nears completion
THE restoration of five historic former Victorian villas in Weston has reached another important landmark.
Work to redevelop the fourth of the former school and Weston College buildings Island in Upper Kewstoke Road has recently been completed.
The Grade II-listed buildings were built in the 19th century as luxury villas, and became the Westcliff School for Girls and later a department of Weston College before being vacated.
With the buildings in a derelict state, Broadway Heritage launched the project to restore them to their former glory as apartments in 2007.
Developer Michael Hodges said: “We have sold 15 of the 28 apartments which retain many of their original features and it’s gratifying that a number of them have been bought by local people.
You may also want to watch:
“Work on the last villa which is being converted into the final eight apartments will start shortly and the whole exciting project is now on schedule for completion by the end of the summer.”
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses