Popular Worle shop moves to old library building
- Credit: Archant
A popular family business in Worle has relocated.
Denise and Michael Richards have run their Sweets ‘n’ Things business for 31 years and moved the shop over the road from High Street to the former library in The Maltings on October 11.
The building went up for sale last year as part of North Somerset Council’s community access review.
The family did not want to move too far from their old store and therefore jumped at the chance to convert the old library into a shop.
Their son Chris, who also works for the business, said: “It has gone really well so far, the feedback has been excellent.
You may also want to watch:
“We are trying to give a better shopping experience to our customers as it had been said to us on many occasions our High Street shop was too small, so we have given people more space to shop comfortably.
“We couldn’t turn down the opportunity to expand our stock while maintain what we have done for 31 years.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre