YOUR ideas are needed to improve town
PEOPLE who have ideas to invigorate Weston’s town centre and inject new life into the seaside resort are being urged to attend a meeting next week.
Weston Town Centre Partnership is inviting traders and residents to the gathering on Wednesday in which it will outline plans for its Business Improvement District (BID) scheme.
This project, if town centre traders vote in its favour, will see businesses pay a certain amount each year and the money will be used to fund improvements to boost visitors and the local economy.
The money can be used in whatever way people feel will benefit the town – and Steve Townsend, town centre manager, is urging as many people as possible to turn up to this ‘important’ meeting.
He said: “We are up against time to start this process as Weston is losing its market share to its neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
“We propose to kick off the next financial year with a plan to fight back.”
Steve hopes people will come with ideas which they think will make the town a more attractive destination for shoppers, tourists and residents.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The meeting will take place at the Prince Consort Hall A room in the Winter Gardens at 5pm on Wednesday.