‘Suspected brothel’ in Weston-super-Mare raided by police
- Credit: Archant
A ‘suspected brothel’ has been raided in Weston-super-Mare town centre this morning (Thursday).
Police executed a warrant to search Butterfly’s Massage Parlour in Alexandra Parade amid suspicions of it being used as a brothel and for money laundering.
Officers attended the premises at 8am this morning and found two women on site. Police have taken them to a safe location.
A home in Hewish was also searched by police.
Sergeant Mark Jenkinson said: “Today’s warrants are the result of a lengthy and ongoing investigation into offences of money laundering and the running of a brothel.
“We attended the premises in Alexandra Parade with workers from the charity Unseen and members of our antisocial behaviour team.
“We have safeguarded two women found at this location and they will be offered all the support they need.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 4 Fire crews tackle chimney blaze
- 5 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 6 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 7 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 8 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
“The priority for us is to gather evidence at these locations and while no arrests have been made, the investigation into potential criminal offences is continuing.
“We take our safeguarding concerns extremely seriously and will always take positive and robust action to investigate criminal offences and protect the vulnerable and exploited.”