New car park planned at hotel despite plans being blocked twice
- Credit: Archant
DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House wants to build an extra car park to host the hundreds of staff who work on site.
Hotel bosses are seeking the green light from North Somerset Council after two unsuccessful applications in 2017 and 2018.
A new planning team has been taken on to try to convince the council to allow the car park, amid previous concerns over building in the greenbelt and protecting trees.
The business has a gym, hotel, restaurants and conference facilities available and wants to allow 25 staff spaces to free up room for customers.
In its application to North Somerset, Cadbury House says: "The business now employs 250 full and part-time jobs, with 95 per cent living locally. Collectively the wage bill is circa £3million with a good percentage of that being spent locally."
You may also want to watch:
Yatton and Congresbury parish councils support the plan, although the latter expressed disappointment at loss of greenbelt.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 9 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?