New car park planned at hotel despite plans being blocked twice
- Credit: Archant
DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House wants to build an extra car park to host the hundreds of staff who work on site.
Hotel bosses are seeking the green light from North Somerset Council after two unsuccessful applications in 2017 and 2018.
A new planning team has been taken on to try to convince the council to allow the car park, amid previous concerns over building in the greenbelt and protecting trees.
The business has a gym, hotel, restaurants and conference facilities available and wants to allow 25 staff spaces to free up room for customers.
In its application to North Somerset, Cadbury House says: "The business now employs 250 full and part-time jobs, with 95 per cent living locally. Collectively the wage bill is circa £3million with a good percentage of that being spent locally."
You may also want to watch:
Yatton and Congresbury parish councils support the plan, although the latter expressed disappointment at loss of greenbelt.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 5 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 8 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid