Mother and daughter duo raise vital funds for cancer charity
- Credit: Burnham-on-sea Specsavers
Members of a Burnham family have raised more than £300 for Cancer Research UK.
The pair's £120 donation was topped-up by the town's Specsavers, which gifted an additional £180.
Tina Beecham and her daughter Leah put their best foot forward for the cause when they took part in a Race For Life event at Bridgwater and Taunton College in August.
Tina said: "It was amazing to run with my daughter.
"I was very proud to complete the race with her, and we were good at motivating each other.
"Cancer is a terrible disease, and we wanted to contribute in a small way to help the charity find a cure."
Optometrist at Burnham Specsavers, Rama Venkat, said: "I know Tina and Leah were determined to take part in the race and I congratulate them on their amazing efforts."
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 3 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 10 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
Race for Life has raised nearly £500million towards beating cancer.