Mother and daughter duo raise vital funds for cancer charity
- Credit: Burnham-on-sea Specsavers
Members of a Burnham family have raised more than £300 for Cancer Research UK.
The pair's £120 donation was topped-up by the town's Specsavers, which gifted an additional £180.
Tina Beecham and her daughter Leah put their best foot forward for the cause when they took part in a Race For Life event at Bridgwater and Taunton College in August.
Tina said: "It was amazing to run with my daughter.
"I was very proud to complete the race with her, and we were good at motivating each other.
You may also want to watch:
"Cancer is a terrible disease, and we wanted to contribute in a small way to help the charity find a cure."
Optometrist at Burnham Specsavers, Rama Venkat, said: "I know Tina and Leah were determined to take part in the race and I congratulate them on their amazing efforts."
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
Race for Life has raised nearly £500million towards beating cancer.