Mother and daughter duo raise vital funds for cancer charity
- Credit: Burnham-on-sea Specsavers
Members of a Burnham family have raised more than £300 for Cancer Research UK.
The pair's £120 donation was topped-up by the town's Specsavers, which gifted an additional £180.
Tina Beecham and her daughter Leah put their best foot forward for the cause when they took part in a Race For Life event at Bridgwater and Taunton College in August.
Tina said: "It was amazing to run with my daughter.
"I was very proud to complete the race with her, and we were good at motivating each other.
You may also want to watch:
"Cancer is a terrible disease, and we wanted to contribute in a small way to help the charity find a cure."
Optometrist at Burnham Specsavers, Rama Venkat, said: "I know Tina and Leah were determined to take part in the race and I congratulate them on their amazing efforts."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
Race for Life has raised nearly £500million towards beating cancer.