Mother and daughter duo raise vital funds for cancer charity
- Credit: Burnham-on-sea Specsavers
Members of a Burnham family have raised more than £300 for Cancer Research UK.
The pair's £120 donation was topped-up by the town's Specsavers, which gifted an additional £180.
Tina Beecham and her daughter Leah put their best foot forward for the cause when they took part in a Race For Life event at Bridgwater and Taunton College in August.
Tina said: "It was amazing to run with my daughter.
"I was very proud to complete the race with her, and we were good at motivating each other.
You may also want to watch:
"Cancer is a terrible disease, and we wanted to contribute in a small way to help the charity find a cure."
Optometrist at Burnham Specsavers, Rama Venkat, said: "I know Tina and Leah were determined to take part in the race and I congratulate them on their amazing efforts."
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
Race for Life has raised nearly £500million towards beating cancer.