‘Miracle’ driver walks away after car crashes off cliff
- Credit: Weston Coastguard
A driver ‘miraculously’ avoided serious injury after their car crashed on the toll road near Weston-super-Mare.
Police, firefighters, paramedics and the coastguard were called to the road in Kewstoke last night (Saturday) amid reports a car had left the road and rolled down the embankment towards the water.
A black Volkswagen was involved and the emergency call came at about 10.30pm.
A spokesman for Weston coastguard said: "It transpired that a car had gone over the edge of the toll road cliffs with one young male inside.
"Reports came in that he had miraculously escaped with minor cuts and bruises and was in the care of the ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
"With a possible threat to the environment from the vehicle leaking fluids, four people made their way to check the car.
"Once we were happy there was no threat and had established it was above the high water mark, we reported to our Ops room and it was happy for us to stand down."
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 9 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years