‘Miracle’ driver walks away after car crashes off cliff
- Credit: Weston Coastguard
A driver ‘miraculously’ avoided serious injury after their car crashed on the toll road near Weston-super-Mare.
Police, firefighters, paramedics and the coastguard were called to the road in Kewstoke last night (Saturday) amid reports a car had left the road and rolled down the embankment towards the water.
A black Volkswagen was involved and the emergency call came at about 10.30pm.
A spokesman for Weston coastguard said: "It transpired that a car had gone over the edge of the toll road cliffs with one young male inside.
"Reports came in that he had miraculously escaped with minor cuts and bruises and was in the care of the ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
"With a possible threat to the environment from the vehicle leaking fluids, four people made their way to check the car.
"Once we were happy there was no threat and had established it was above the high water mark, we reported to our Ops room and it was happy for us to stand down."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic