Car park threat still a priority
THE possible closure of a car park in Axbridge is still top of the list of priorities for the town council.
THE possible closure of a car park in Axbridge is 'still top of the list of priorities' for the town council.
Representatives from the council have posted a notice on the town website about the proposed sale and possible closure of Meadow Street car park.
The post says that the town council is still actively pursuing various options regarding the sale and things may go quiet while it is being taken forward, but residents should rest assured that it is top of the list of priorities.
The town council is working with Axbridge Action Group, the Chamber of Commerce and the Town Trust to present a united front against the car park owners, Sedgemoor District Council.
You may also want to watch:
The car park is just one of the assets the district council could sell, after it announced a funding gap of £1.8million in December 2007.
The town council recently announced it would write a formal letter to the district council and wants to work with the authority to keep the car park open for the town.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse